About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crazy little world of beauty!! I love makeup, skincare & anything that makes you smell or look good. I have a serious shopping problem so I shall mostly be blogging about things I have purchased, reviews, tutorials & maybe a few beauty related tags. If you have any requests, anything you would like me to purchase and review or any tutorials, just ask! ♥Hope you all enjoy my blog♥

Monday 6 January 2014

Foundation, Concealer, Blush, Bronzer, Highlight & Powder Routine!

Hey Dolls!
So, as I said on Saturday, I'm doing my Foundation Routine today.
I have used a LOT of foundations over the last few years, high end always made me break out, although I've never tried MAC... I know! I need to get to MAC!
My foundation routine has been the same for the last few months. If it does change, I'll do an update.
So... Here goes!

Foundation. 
For my Foundation I'm going to be using my Rimmel Wake Me Up in Soft Beige. This foundation is perfect for this time of year as my skin is so dull and breaking out.
Wake me up has light reflecting pigments in, so it does make you look more awake!
First, I put about a pump and a half onto the back of my hand and blow on top of it to warm it up and flatten it out to help with a more even finish. I then use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to push (or stipple) it into the skin. Lastly, I like to use the same brush to buff all the foundation on my face and neck out to make sure I have a flawless even finish!

Concealer 
I also use Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade Ivory, it really does brighten up your under eyes. I use this a shade or two light as I also use it as a highlighter.
I use the Doe Foot applicator that comes with the concealer to apply it in Triangle shapes under my eyes and forehead. I also apply this to the bridge of my nose my cupids bow and my chin. I then use my ring finger to blend in under my eyes as you can see in the bottom left picture, it really does wake your eye up! I then use my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to blend out the rest of my concealer, if I'm left with a few lines from the brush I use my ring finger and use a patting motion to blend it in.

Contour 
For contouring I use my Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer. At first this was a big dark for me but the lighter one wasn't showing up on my skin. I found with a lot of blending it does eventually give a nice natural finish. I apply this with my brush I got with my Benefit 10 Bronzing and Highlighting powder. I take a good amount of product onto my brush and apply it where you can see (or not) on my top right picture, in the hollows of my cheeks, (you can find the hollows of your cheek by either doing the 'fish face' and it is where your cheeks dip in. Or, you can feel for the bottom of your cheekbone then apply it from the top of the ear following your cheekbone to just under your pupil) I also apply it up my temple, on the both sides of my forehead, down the sides of my nose, on the end of my chin and my jawline. Once this is all applied, it will more than likely just look like you have lines all over your face! I then take my Avon Face Brush and take my time to blend it all in using circular motions. Lastly, I like to go back in with a little product on my Avon Face Brush and lightly go over where I contoured to give a more definition to the face. 

Blush, Highlight and Powder. 
 As these 3 don't take too much explaining, I thought I'd put them into the same category.
Firstly, Blush! I used to go crazy over the top with my blush and end up leaving my house looking like a Clown! Until... I stopped putting the product straight onto the apples of my cheeks. I love my Pink Blushers so today I used my Rimmel in Live Pink on a Real Techniques Contour Brush. Pick up a little bit of blusher and apply it starting at your temples, blend it down to the top of your cheekbones and stop just under your pupil, if you use too much product go over it with the same brush you used for your foundation. 
I then used the highlighting powder in my Benefit 10 Bronzer and Highlighter Duo on the same Real Techniques Contour Brush, add the highlighter to the top of the cheek bones, down the bridge of the nose, middle of the forehead, cupids bow and chin. 
Then lastly, powder! Because of having oily skin I do use a lot of powder, especially in my T-zone. I pick up a good amount of product on my Avon Face Brush and pat it all into my skin. I always avoid using any swirling or circular motions as this will just move around the products that are already on your face. 

  And... Done! This is Me after my Foundation routine! I am happy to answer any questions you guys have! Let me know what other Tutorials or Reviews you want. Please don't forget to like my Blog and Follow me! I'll follow you back! Loves xo

No comments:

Post a Comment