About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crazy little world of beauty!! I love makeup, skincare & anything that makes you smell or look good. I have a serious shopping problem so I shall mostly be blogging about things I have purchased, reviews, tutorials & maybe a few beauty related tags. If you have any requests, anything you would like me to purchase and review or any tutorials, just ask! ♥Hope you all enjoy my blog♥

Saturday 4 January 2014

Skin Care Routine.

Hey Dolls!
I am always hunting for different products to throw into my skincare routine. I have tried high end products (this usually ends in me having a big strop about spending loads of money on a product that just makes me breakout) and high street. I finally settled on my final skincare routine around a month ago (no doubt it'll change soon). So... Here's my current skin care routine!

Morning Routine.
I like to keep my morning routine quite quick and simple as I've usually woke up too late so I'm in a rush!
 I have quite oily skin so as you can imagine, I wake up feeling horrid! Firstly, I like to use my Johnson's baby wipes to wipe away any oil in my skin, it makes a huge difference!
Then, I use my trusty Lush Tea Tree Water Toner Spray. I put this on with a cotton pad all over my face, avoiding under my eyes and eye lids. As this space is so sensitive I don't like to put many products there. I like to give that time to work as it is a antibacterial and antiseptic. Next, I brush my teeth, whilst doing this I also like to brush my lips. If brushing your lips is a bit harsh for you, you can mix together some Honey and Brown Sugar and rub that into your lips.
After brushing my teeth (and lips) I put some lip balm on. Remember ladies! Lip balm is for healing chap stick is for protecting!
Then I move onto moisturising. At the moment I've grown quite fond of Garnier Moisture Match for combination to oily skin. I only use this on my face avoiding my eye area again. It is so light and instantly makes my skin feel fresh. Using this under my foundation really helps with my midday oily breakout!
Lastly, my eyes. I only started using eye cream the last few months. I use Anew reversal Illuminating eye system. I firstly use the cream under my eye and on my eyelid, then on top of it is another cream that is much lighter and has a pinky undertone. I use this under my eye and I'm done!
Johnsons baby wipes - 0.99p - Boots
Cotton pads - £1.00 - Tesco 
Garnier Moisture Match - £5.99 - Boots
Lush Tea Tree Toner Water - £3.99 for 100g and £7.50 for 250g - Lush
Anew Reversalist Illuminating Eye System - £15.00 - Avon 

Night Time Routine.
My night time routine is basically the same so I wont bore you writing the same thing! The only difference is, to take my makeup off, Johnson's baby wipes were a bit harsh on my skin. Instead I use a cold cream cleanser and a foam cleanser. 
I only came across the cold cream cleanser last year. I bought it because I just thought it was a cream so, I was using it as you would normally use a cream (durr!) I couldn't understand why I was breaking out... Then I read the instructions!
I use the Cold Cream Cleanser twice. The first time I use it I put it all over my dry skin and rub it all in. I then add a little warm water and carry on rubbing it in. It then turns into a milky cream. I do this for a good 2 minuets then wash it off with a flannel. I then repeat this, just to make sure all my makeup is off. After using my Cold Cream Cleanser I use my Foam Cleanser. I put this on my damp face and rub it all over until is all foamy. Again, I do this for a good 2 minutes to make sure I am really working it into the skin.
When all this is done, I splash my face with cold water to close my pores and pat my face dry with a soft towel. I then go onto using my Tea Tree Toner Water, Garnier Moisure Match and Anew Reversalist Eye Illuminating System. Then I put on some lip balm and I'm ready for bed!
Anew Reversalist Renewal Foaming Cleanser - £8.50 - Avon 
Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser - £4.49 - Boots

Thank you for reading my Skin Care Routine! Let me know in the comments if you have any products you think I'd like!
My next blog will be up Monday. I shall be showing you my current Foundation Routine!
Loves xo


1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I find Dermalogica is a good skin care routine to get into! Saying that, you need to find what suits your skin type. Its also good for your skin to try and use the same products its a good balance, however saying that you really do take good care of your skin - Well done Kate! x

    ReplyDelete